If you‚Äôre looking for more qualified leads from A Place for Mom (APFM), updating your Community Profile is a great place to start. Think of it as an advertisement for your community; the more inviting and detailed, the more likely families will schedule a tour.¬† As a partner in APFM’s network of sites, your community profile has the potential to reach more than 2 million visitors per month. In addition to your community‚Äôs own website, your APFM community profile may be your most important online marketing tool.
The Importance of Completing Your Community Profile
Communities that have incomplete profiles are missing out on opportunities to show up in our amenity and geographic search results. To ensure that your community gets the broadest exposure in our network, add your content to the following “Community Profiles” tabs:
- Care & Staffing
- Web Page (description, logo, photo)
Ways to Create a Community Web Page That Pops
Here are a few tips to ensure your community web page stands out rather than blend in:
Upload Attractive Photos
Adding high quality photos can increase your click through rate by as much as 150%.
- Photograph the most open and inviting areas of your community
- Utilize natural light and avoid flash photos
- Try to avoid pictures of people
- Use a camera with at least 1 megapixel resolution
Establish Credibility and Trust
- Include years of experience
- Tout awards and certifications
- If your community is part of a national chain, include your main brand points
- Include your community’s logo to help build brand recognition
Describe What Makes Your Community Unique
- List special activities and programs that set you apart from your competitors (e.g. “Every summer residents participate in our annual wine making sessions…‚Äù)
- Highlight your outdoor recreational space (e.g. “Located on 4 acres with walking trails and a fish pond…”)
- Describe the design of your campus, including the style of building
Establish a Sense of Place and Character
- List nearby neighborhoods and pocket communities
- Highlight local festivals, farmer’s markets, parks, malls and landmarks
- Include your proximity to hospitals and public transportation
How to Update Your Community Web Page
Partner Central makes it easy to update your community page. Click here to log in or sign up and start editing your Community Profile. Just upload as many images as you would like, along with a logo, and your preferred text. Changes will appear across the APFM network within 3-to-5 business days.
Note: If you work for a senior living community that is a part of a large organization, you may need to request changes to your community webpage through your company’s corporate office.